ifTUeUL.png

It has been 3 years since Reborn Dominion was first started. That is 3 years of us growing together as a gaming community.  3 years of sharing moments of laughter and joy, but also times of sadness or frustration. We've built incredible friendships and overcome disagreement, and that is through your commitment. Whether its every night, when you remember, or as frequently as time allows, thank you to everyone reading this from Reborn Dominion for being a part of our community. Thank you for supporting our shared effort to bring fellowship and passion to gaming.  As administrators, we promise to continue to adapt and remain flexible as Reborn Dominion evolves, while never sacrificing out commitment to putting members first.  Reborn Dominion is founded on the principles of community, but was derived from painful lessons learned from a former gaming clan. We will not repeat the mistakes of our predecessors, and promise to remain active, open and transparent.  Last but certainly not least, a sincere thank you to those members who lead in both gaming title and community activity. Your commitment to your fellow members, for moderation and leadership of those around you, and your continued passion is nothing short of amazing.  

oxKHeCr.png

YEAR IN REVIEW: MAJOR CHANGES

What we've accomplished together over the last year

THE MOVE TO DISCORD: The most apparent and community altering change made this past year was our transition from TeamSpeak3 to Discord. Thanks to the tireless integration efforts of Zen and those who support our systems team, we have been given and continue to see constant integration tools and helpful bots. Members are able to subscribe to game groups, check various game stats, and link their accounts to Reborn Dominion.

TWITCH AFFILIATION: (Affiliation!) Reborn Dominion participated in series of streams, and thanks to the viewer ship and support of the community achieved affiliation. This was a major achievement, not simply because it lessened RD hosting costs through donated Prime Subscriptions, but more importantly it gave further legitimacy to Reborn Dominion.  The doors to eager participants in RD who want to stream with us will remain open, and we challenge those new to Twitch to review the RD Twitch Guide , and ask about joining the RD Twitch Discord group/chat channel. 

THE 'MAIN PAGE': Halfway through 2017 we took a hard look at what 'RebornDominion.com' was supposed to be versus what we had currently on our home page. Utility was the name of the game as we looked hard restructuring the primary page of our site to support community integration and shared consciousness. We want you, the member, to know what Reborn Dominion was up to with a quick glance.  Through integration efforts with Discord, Twitch and incredible coding efforts by our systems team, the Main Page was transformed into a functional front page.  

oxKHeCr.png

FUTURE: IMPROVING OUR POSITION

We will conduct internal assessments of who we are, and what we want to become

REMOVING THE FORUMS: As Reborn Dominion  steps into our 3rd year, we intend to challenge ourselves in finding ways to improve and support our community. A major focus  will be to make our community more efficient and user friendly, and encourage recruitment of quality members. This will be achieved with (2) major community changes; The first part will see a removal of the  Reborn Dominion Forums with an expansion and added diversity to Reborn Dominion's Discord chat channels.  Not only will this bring down hosting costs significantly, but we hope having all community discussion on one platform will bring us closer together.   The second community  undertaking will be to refine the function of our website to support growth and preserve history. We have begun researching options and layouts, and our intent will be to deliver to the community a sleek and professional website that you will be proud to brag about with your friends and colleagues. 

Together we will continue to grow and learn, sharing our mutual passion for gaming and Esports.

TRUE MEMBERSHIP: We have begun looking at both officer roles and membership within Reborn Dominion, and believe simpler is is better. We want to Reborn Dominion to be fun, plain and simple. With that in mind, we will be looking at which officer roles are truly needed, and how effective the current hierarchy is at keeping with our values of community. With simplicity in mind, we have begun looking at options for maintaining formal accountability of our member base through options (potentially) such as Roll Call, mandatory registration through Website to Discord and community wide account reset. 

Before we enact any major community changes, we will strive to get feedback.

FEEDBACK: One of the most important tools we have as leaders for Reborn Dominion is honest and constructive feedback from members in our community. We would ask that as we move forward together, that everyone in Reborn Dominion remember that they have a voice in helping to shape who and what Reborn Dominion will become. Zen, Slayer, Osama and Myself are always open to honest feedback and suggestion regarding any facet of Reborn Dominion.  

Expect exciting changes.  Provide us with constructive feedback. Help the community Grow.  

oxKHeCr.png

Guest unimportant   
Guest unimportant

11 years of Warrior Nation roll calls, feelsUncomfortableman.

17 hours ago, Guest unimportant said:

11 years of Warrior Nation roll calls, feelsUncomfortableman.

fgwv.gif

I've never been more proud of any of my 10+year gaming time than I have with Reborn Dominion. The team that I had the pleasure of working with was incredible. I couldn't have asked for a better experience than to be part of this venture, creating memories and friendships that will last forever. Reborn Dominion is, and will always be my favourite place to have ever called home. Great job everyone!

It's crazy thinking about how long it has been since this all started. It was a big leap of faith that took many hours and days to even start coming into shape. It continues to be a daily struggle for every person who constantly puts time in to making this community a better place, whether it's from the admins or our core leaders, both past and current. Thanks to everyone who helped make this dream a reality. There is nothing like being able to log on every day after a long day of work, or school, or just life in general, and finding friends to play games with or talk to about whatever.

3 years of @Slayer critiquing how posts look to the point where @Nyx has these brilliant looking feeds.  Thanks guys for the work you put in. 

And thanks to @Talon who may or may not be alive for getting me in on this love shack.

7 hours ago, olivegarden said:

3 years of @Slayer critiquing how posts look to the point where @Nyx has these brilliant looking feeds.  Thanks guys for the work you put in. 

And thanks to @Talon who may or may not be alive for getting me in on this love shack.

I think he might be in jail. Or dead.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.